Hotmail account creation process
It is very important that you have a Hotmail account created before you attempt to sign-in to Hotmail. The steps involved in creating a Hotmail email account are very simple and clearly explained here. Please follow the steps to quickly create a Hotmail account successfully.
- The first thing to do is to open a new web browser window and visit this link https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx.
- You will be taken to the Microsoft account creation page. You will come across a detailed sign in form on this page. There is no need to worry as filling the form is an easy job.
- You will need to enter your first and the last names in the respective fields you see on the top of the form.
- The next option is for your username. Type any username that you would like to be represented. If the username that you type is already taken up by someone, Microsoft will intimate the same to you and you can use another user name.
- A box will be seen next to the username which has a drop down menu indication. Click on this and choose hotmail.com option as you are looking to create a Hotmail account. The new username along with domain name forms your email address and it will be represented as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step by step guide to create Hotmail account
- Open your favorite browser, say Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc., and then visit the home page of Hotmail. You can click on this link hotmail.com to visit the Hotmail sign in page.
- Once you have landed on the sign in page of Hotmail, you will find a sign up option on the screen. Click on this option to land on the Microsoft account creation page.
- If you already have a username and password for Hotmail, then you just need to key these details in the respective boxes to gain access to your Hotmail inbox through Outlook. If not, you can create a new account. The following is the procedure to open a new Hotmail account.
- You will find a lot of fields on the account creation page. It is a very simple and easy account creation form. All that is needed from you is to key in all details correctly in order to quickly open up a new Hotmail account.
- You will find that the account creation form asks you about your personal details, email address and phone number as well as certain security info.
Step by step process
To set up your free Hotmail account, you should check the instructions given below.
- The first thing to do is to open a web browser that you normally use and visit the official website of Hotmail or type hotmail.com.
- You might be directed to the Microsoft outlook.com sign in page when you type in Hotmail.com. There is no need to worry as both are one and the same and you can use the sign up option on this page to create a Hotmail account.
- Once you are on the Outlook.com home page, you will find two options, “Microsoft Account What’s this?” option and the login box.
- Just below the sign in option given in the blue box, you will find an option “No account? Create one!” Click on the ‘create one’ option given in blue.
- You will be taken to the Microsoft ‘create an account’ registration page.
If you are having an OneDrive or Windows phone or Xbox Live or Outllook.com email address, then you can use that to sign in to any of the Microsoft web based services. Read More…
Signing in to Hotmail
You need to open your favorite web browser and type www.hotmail.com in the address bar. You will be directed to the https://login.live.com and the Microsoft sign on page. There is no need to worry or get confused. If you do not know the web address to login to Hotmail, all you have to do is to open the search engine like Google or Bing and type Hotmail sign-in in the search box. You will instantly find the sign in link to live.com or outlook.com homepage. Click on this to open the Hotmail sign in page.
- Once you reach the Microsoft Outlook sign in page, you will find two input boxes show up on the screen.
- Enter your Hotmail email address in the first type box and it should be email@example.com.
- If you have registered your mobile phone number, then you can even type in your phone number in place of the Hotmail email id to sign in to Hotmail inbox.
- The next input box is for the password. This is where you should enter the password that you use to sign in to Hotmail inbox. You should enter the correct password without any mistakes to access your inbox. Please check if the ‘Caps Lock’ is not in ‘ON’ position as password is case sensitive.
- After the email address and the password column are entered correctly, you need to just click on the sign in option printed on the blue strip to enter your Hotmail account.
With Gmail having started the 2-step verification process, every other email service provider is following suit. It is required however, as the hacking of most email services and social media accounts is on the rise. With personal data and information being stored in email inboxes these days, it is imperative that the security of mail accounts be beefed up. For all such reasons, Microsoft has also beefed up its sign in process for Hotmail and Outlook.
In the two step verification process rolled out by Microsoft, there are two steps followed, one being that you enter your email password and then enter a security code that could be mailed by email or texted to your registered phone number. It is also possible to use an authenticator app on your smartphone for this verification process.
The first step to be done in this instance is to enable the two step verification process when you hotmail.com sign in. This process is being carried out in the different MSN services including Outlook, office and Skydrive. Thus, if you have a Hotmail ID, you will be able to set up the 2-steps verification process for all such services. In order to enable the settings, you need to go to Accounts settings on Live.com domain and login into your account. Under the Manage tab you will need to add an alternate email address and a phone number if you have not done so already. The details can be entered under the set up 2-step verification process this link. Once all the details are entered, they can be saved by clicking on Done. When the two step verification process has been activated you will receive an email to your alternate email address confirming the same.
There are authenticator apps available for smartphones which will work locally on your smartphone or tab even if internet connection is not available. To use such an app, you will first have to pair it with your Hotmail account. The authenticator app is available for free on many app marketplaces. Download the app as per the kind of device you own, whether an iOS device or an Android phone or tablet.
You need to go to the account security info page on Microsoft account page. Here you will find the setup link for authenticator app. When you launch the app, the bar code on the screen needs to be scanned. When the security code appears in the app, you need to enter it in the box given and then click on the Pair button given. Once this pairing is done, every time you login Hotmail account, the verification code will be asked from the authenticator app on your phone or tablet. You can also choose to receive the code in another way, by text or at your alternate email address. In such ways, one can comply with the two step verification process of Hotmail by using the app on their phone or tablet.
There are many long term uses of Hotmail. This being the first free web based email service that was introduced in the late nineties, it gained a high level of popularity and developed a reputation unlike other email services that followed later. For its status in the web based email world, many opted for a Hotmail account and are still using it. Hotmail has undergone several changes. After it became part of Microsoft, it was part of MSN portal after which Microsoft integrated all its services including Hotmail under a new web based email service called Outlook. All are part of the Live domain of Microsoft and in this article explain the importance about hotmail and other email services.
For those who are existing users of Hotmail, they have the option to migrate to Outlok.com. The existing users of Hotmail need to log into their account through the sign in panel of Outlook. They can opt for an Outlook alias or migrate their Hotmail account to Outlook and take up a new Outlook address. Xbox Live, SkyDrive are all services that can be accessed with the one login ID that Outlook or Hotmail users have.
When it comes to comparing Hotmail with Yahoo, there are certain features that need to be looked into. The free storage feature is same for Hotmail and Yahoo. When it comes to getting an ad free premium mail box, both the services charge the same annual fees of around twenty dollars. In this premium feature one can opt for automatic mail forwarding, email aliases and so forth. Attachment limits are the same as well for both email services. The new Hotmail scores higher with its new inbox interface, reading panels, sweep feature and other brand new additions by the Outlook domain.
When it comes to comparing Hotmail to Gmail, the latter offers several features which Hotmail lacks. Besides offering unlimited free storage and email aliases which Hotmail scores above Gmail, in all other aspects such as attachment limits, email forwarding and others, Hotmail lags behind. It cannot offer the powerful search options that Gmail provides. Automatic user access to YouTube, Google Drive and other services of Google for all Gmail users is another exclusive feature of Gmail. Gmail however, scores low in reducing spam mails in one’s inbox while Hotmail does reduce spam inflow to one’s inbox.
There are pros and cons of the existing Hotmail email services but it remains unbeatable in the fact that, even after decades of its formation, it is still around and has helped many users save their mails and have a functional inbox for decades. With improvement of features and integration of other Microsoft’s services with Hotmail, the existing users of Hotmail can look forward to better features and innovation that will awe them and help them stay tuned to this service. It is tough to keep a customer base in this competitive world and innovation is the key to keeping customers engaged and giving them something more than they ever thought possible in the web world of communication.
Hotmail is one of the free mobile based app that you can easily download on your Smartphones to enjoy free emailing service from anywhere and at any place. By downloading the Hotmail app on your Smartphone, you can easily check your mails and also send important mails while you are on the move. You do not need to be in front of your computer or laptop to check out your new emails. Just pick up your phone, open the Hotmail app and get instant access to new emails. So, even if you have an important message to mail your clients and are stuck in the middle of a traffic jam, you can easily send your mail if you have the Hotmail app downloaded on your Smartphone.
Download Hotmail App for Android Smartphones
If you are using any of the Smartphones that work on an Android platform, then you have the option of downloading the Hotmail app for free on your Smartphone easily and quickly.
- Go to the Apple PlayStore page from your Smartphone and type Microsoft Outlook app or Outlook in the search box and tap enter or continue.
- The Outlook app option will show up on your mobile screen.
- Tap on this app and you will be taken to the Hotmail app page. Tap on the Install option and the free Hotmail app will get installed on your Smartphone.
- Tap on the download icon, follow the instructions to download the App on your phone and to use it.
Download Hotmail App for Windows Phone
It is very easy to download Hotmail app on Windows Phone. When you enter the apps page on the phone, tap on Settings and then locate ‘Email & Accounts option’ and tap on it. Now, look for ‘add an account’ and tap on it. Click on Outlook or Windows Live option that shows up on screen and enter your Hotmail address and password to sign in hotmail your emails on your Windows Phone.
Downloading Hotmail App on iPhone
If you have an Apple iPhone, then you need to visit the Apple Store to download the Hotmail app on your iPhone for free. Search for “Microsoft Outlook app” or “Outlook” in the app store on your iPhone. Locate it and tap on the Install option to get the app installed on your phone. Download the app, following the instructions that come on the screen and then tap on the Hotmail icon to start using the Hotmail email app on your iPhone.
If by any chance you are not able to access Hotmail app on iPhone, then tap on Settings option and then tap on Mail, followed by Contacts and then Calendar. Locate he accounts page and tap on Add Account option in the Accounts page. Now, tap on Hotmail option and then enter your Hotmail email address and password and just choose the fields that you would like to sync and tap on ‘Save’ option. You will now be able to access the Hotmail on any kind of Smartphone without any hassles.
Hotmail is one of the most popularly used email messaging service by people all over the globe. It is one of the quickest and the fastest email messaging service on the internet and allows you to be in touch with your business or friends or family through email. Skype is one step further and allows its users to carry out video chat and instant messaging through the internet. It is the cheapest way to stay connected live to your friends, relative and family members.
Reaching Skype Contacts from Hotmail
If you are using the latest version of Skype on your Windows desktop, then it is very easy to link your Skype and Hotmail contacts and you will be able to keep in touch with your Skype contacts from your Hotmail account. If the Skype email address of your contact is in the Hotmail address book, then you can send instant messages to your contact as well as call them from your Hotmail account. The following is the procedure that you need to follow:
- First, sign into your Skype as well as your Hotmail account.
- Go to the contacts option in your Hotmail account and move your mouse over to check the status of a particular contact’s email address and the mod message that he or she has.
- If you find the contact to be online on Skype, just click on the instant messaging option to start an IM conversation. If you want to call the contact, then you need to just press the call icon and the call will be made from your Skype account.
- If the person you want to IM or talk is not in your Skype contact list, then the Skype directory will commence its search to find the contact.
- If the Skype directory search comes up with the contact details, you can just send a contact request to the person in order to add the person to your Skype contact list.
By following the above procedure, you will be able to sync your Hotmail contacts list with your Skype contact list. The procedure of adding current Skype members to the Hotmail account and vice versa is not as easy like the way you link Facebook contacts with Hotmail contacts.
Another option is to open Skype main window and look for Tools option and click on it. Now, go to ‘Import contacts’ option and click on it to see a new window open up with email account details. You need to check on the box next to email accounts option and Skype will search in the address book for anyone who has signed on Skype from these email addresses. Once done, you will get a list of all your email contacts who are Skype users. If you like to connect with these Skype users, you just need to check the list box and click next and you will be taken to the “add account” window where you will be able to send an invite to become your contact on Skype.
The new face of Hotmail is Outlook mail. Microsoft has acquired Hotmail, the oldest free web based email service, and has renamed it as Outlook mail. Microsoft has added a lot of new features to make the Outlook web based services more competitive in the email service market. The layout and design of Hotmail.com have completely had a makeover and looks stylish and more attractive. It has done this to be competitive with the likes of Gmail and Yahoo mail services. Hotmail, even though it is re-branded as Outlook mail, is still available on the internet and users with the Hotmail email account can still access their account and send and receive emails in their account. The main difference is that the Hotmail account will be the new Outlook.com account.
The following are the difference that you can point out between Hotmail.com vs Outlook email services.
Better User Interface
The Outlook email service comes with a modern type user interface with a blue theme. The layout is very tight and gives importance to email and hence is placed in the front and center. The folders that you use in Hotmail are retained in the Outlook.com account as well. The blue theme makes the account page look pleasing to the eyes and it is also very easy to operate.
Disturbing Email Ads Are Gone
Earlier when you were suing Hotmail email account service, you would come across ads being displayed in your inbox page and you would have to look at these ads. But, Microsoft through its Outlook.com account has done away with these ads display concept and it will not be seen in your mail inbox. You will only be seeing keyword based ads that will appear on the right side of the inbox panel. You will not see any ads coming up for personal mails and they will only show up when if there is an official or business communication email or a newsletter communication.
Integration with Social Media
One of the most important and striking difference in the feature between Hotmail and Outlook email service is the social media integration. The new Outlook will import all the latest tweets and Facebook updates along with profile page links so that you can see what is happening on your twitter and Facebook account page while the Outlook account. This was not possible with Hotmail email service or in other email services. This feature will help you save your valuable time as you will not need to enter your Twitter or Facebook webpage to comment, reply or retweet to twitter tweets and Facebook updates.
The Outlook mail service offered by Microsoft gives you more usable and clean features like Skype integration and other social media integration that was not a feature of Hotmail account. You can carry out all your social media activities right from your Outlook account and hence upgrading to an Outlook account will allow you to use all these neat and clean modern day features. To enjoy all these features, you just need to use your old Hotmail account details to sign in to Outlook.