Procedure to create Hotmail account
- Open your favorite web browser and in the address bar of the browser, type outlook.com. Even if you type www.hotmail.com in the address bar, you will be taken to the outlook.com sign in page.
- Once you are on the sign in page, look for the option ‘Don’t have a Microsoft account. Sign up now’ option at the bottom of the page. Move mouse pointer onto the sign up now option in blue color and click on it.
- You are now directed to the Microsoft account creation page. You will see that there is a pre-filled form in this page where information like your personal details, username and password are asked for. Entering all the details needed in the respective type boxes will help in creating your new Hotmail account.
- The first type field will be seeking your first and the last names. Type them correctly in the respective boxes that are side by side.
- The next type field is for the username. This is the name to which your contacts will send their emails. Also, they will receive emails sent by you with this username. Choose an ideal username that you like. If the username you choose is already taken up, then Microsoft will suggest you to try a different one.
How to sign-in to Hotmail?
The following is the simple sign-in process that you need to follow to access your Hotmail email account without any hassles.
- Open your favorite web browser and visit the hotmail.com web page.
- You will automatically be directed by Microsoft to the outlook.com sign-in page.
- This is where you will now use your Hotmail sign-in credentials to access your Hotmail inbox.
- In the type box where you find the option username written, you need to enter your Hotmail username. As you want to get access to Hotmail, you will need to enter your username followed by the @hotmail.com option so that you are directed to the Hotmail inbox.
- After entering the username, move the mouse pointer to the password type box. This is where you need to enter your Hotmail password.
- After you have keyed in both the details correctly, just click on the sign-in option below the type boxes and you will be taken to your Hotmail inbox through outlook.com.
- Now, you can send or check out the new emails you have received.
How 2-step activate increases security?
2-step activation or two-factor authentication increases the security and safety of your Hotmail account. When you set up the two-step authentication, you need to enter your password in the first step and the security code provided in the second step to get access to the emails in your account. This will make it more complicated for someone else trying to access your Hotmail or Microsoft account. Even if your password is compromised, it is difficult to access the account by guessing the security code for the second step. When you set up this verification system, you need to present your email address, your mobile phone number or authenticator app. When you try to sign in from any new location using a new device, the service will send you a security code. You need to enter this security code in the sign-in page of Hotmail or Microsoft account to gain access to the account.
Activate two-step verification
To activate the two-step verification for your Hotmail account follows the steps given below.
- Visit the account setting page of Hotmail and look for the field to enter your email address and phone number. These fields are visible under the security info section. If you do not have an email address or phone number to provide then click on the link “add security info” and follow the given instruction.
- The 2-step activate relies on your phone number which is connected to your Hotmail account. So, make sure that you enter the registered phone number for your Hotmail account in the field provided. Else you will need to use the email account to get the secondary sign-in code.
Opening a Hotmail account
The following is the simple procedure to quickly open up a Hotmail email account.
- Open Google Chrome or a Mozilla Firefox web browser and type outlook.com in the address bar.
- You will land in the outlook account, sign in page. Here, look for creating an account option and click on it.
- You will be taken to the Microsoft account creation page. There will be an account creation sign up form that you need to fill to create a new Hotmail account.
- All fields are important and make sure that you key in all the correct information in these fields.
- The personal information you need to key are first and last name, country, mobile phone number, alternate email address, and gender.
- The other important fields are the username and the password. Use username and password that is easy to remember. Do not create a very easy password that anyone can easily guess. Make it a bit strong so that no one can easily guess it.
- The captcha code that you see on the screen has to be entered in the type field correctly in order to move forwards in the account creation.
- Once all fields are entered, just click on create account option at the bottom of the page to complete Hotmail account creation.
Access Hotmail through Outlook.com
Many people are worried about entering their password and to sign in to their account as they feel that the redirection to outlook.com page when they type www.hotmail.com is something malicious. But, this is not the case. Hotmail has been revamped and it is out now in a new avatar called outlook to offer you plenty of features and to make it a user-friendly email service. Outlook is the equivalent of Hotmail and through it, you will be able to access your Hotmail inbox and also send and receive emails like before. Now, Microsoft has combined all it mail services into one Outllook.com and therefore outlook is also known as Live mail, MSN Mail, Hotmail outlook mail or Microsoft mail.
Links that lead you to outlook.com page
Hotmail web address is not the only way you can get access to outlook.com sign in page. There are many other links that will redirect you to the outlook.com home page. Some of the genuine links that will take you to outlook.com, sign-in page are:
Hotmail sign in
If you are looking to sign into Hotmail, then you will need to first create an account. Only if you have the Hotmail username and password will you be allowed to get access to the Hotmail inbox. If you are looking at how to create Hotmail account and then sign into Hotmail, then you have come to the right page.
Steps to create Hotmail account
- The first thing you need to do is to open your web browser and visit the Hotmail home page.
- As Hotmail is now changed to outlook.com, you will be taken to the outlook.com sign in page.
- Look for the ‘sign-up’ option or create an account option in the sign in page and click on it.
- You will now reach the Microsoft one Account creation page. There will be a detailed sign up form on this page that you need to fill in order to open a new Hotmail account.
- There will be many fields asking for your personal details like first and last name, gender, country, birth date details and postal code. Make sure that you enter all the correct details in the respective type fields.
- The most important fields in the sign-up page are the username and the password options.
- You should enter a username that is not used so far and this name must be followed by the @hotmail.com domain that you can choose from the type box next to where you type the username. You need to choose the @hotmail.com option from the drop down list.
- After the username, the next field is for the password. Ensure that you enter a strong password that is a combination of alphabets, numbers, and special characters. It should be a minimum of 8 characters long. After entering the password, you will be asked to re-enter it once again in another type box.
Hotmail account creation process
It is very important that you have a Hotmail account created before you attempt to sign-in to Hotmail. The steps involved in creating a Hotmail email account are very simple and clearly explained here. Please follow the steps to quickly create a Hotmail account successfully.
- The first thing to do is to open a new web browser window and visit this link https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx.
- You will be taken to the Microsoft account creation page. You will come across a detailed sign in form on this page. There is no need to worry as filling the form is an easy job.
- You will need to enter your first and the last names in the respective fields you see on the top of the form.
- The next option is for your username. Type any username that you would like to be represented. If the username that you type is already taken up by someone, Microsoft will intimate the same to you and you can use another user name.
- A box will be seen next to the username which has a drop down menu indication. Click on this and choose hotmail.com option as you are looking to create a Hotmail account. The new username along with domain name forms your email address and it will be represented as email@example.com.
Step by step guide to create Hotmail account
- Open your favorite browser, say Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc., and then visit the home page of Hotmail. You can click on this link hotmail.com to visit the Hotmail sign in page.
- Once you have landed on the sign in page of Hotmail, you will find a sign up option on the screen. Click on this option to land on the Microsoft account creation page.
- If you already have a username and password for Hotmail, then you just need to key these details in the respective boxes to gain access to your Hotmail inbox through Outlook. If not, you can create a new account. The following is the procedure to open a new Hotmail account.
- You will find a lot of fields on the account creation page. It is a very simple and easy account creation form. All that is needed from you is to key in all details correctly in order to quickly open up a new Hotmail account.
- You will find that the account creation form asks you about your personal details, email address and phone number as well as certain security info.
Step by step process
To set up your free Hotmail account, you should check the instructions given below.
- The first thing to do is to open a web browser that you normally use and visit the official website of Hotmail or type hotmail.com.
- You might be directed to the Microsoft outlook.com sign in page when you type in Hotmail.com. There is no need to worry as both are one and the same and you can use the sign up option on this page to create a Hotmail account.
- Once you are on the Outlook.com home page, you will find two options, “Microsoft Account What’s this?” option and the login box.
- Just below the sign in option given in the blue box, you will find an option “No account? Create one!” Click on the ‘create one’ option given in blue.
- You will be taken to the Microsoft ‘create an account’ registration page.
If you are having an OneDrive or Windows phone or Xbox Live or Outllook.com email address, then you can use that to sign in to any of the Microsoft web based services. Read More…
Signing in to Hotmail
You need to open your favorite web browser and type www.hotmail.com in the address bar. You will be directed to the https://login.live.com and the Microsoft sign on page. There is no need to worry or get confused. If you do not know the web address to login to Hotmail, all you have to do is to open the search engine like Google or Bing and type Hotmail sign-in in the search box. You will instantly find the sign in link to live.com or outlook.com homepage. Click on this to open the Hotmail sign in page.
- Once you reach the Microsoft Outlook sign in page, you will find two input boxes show up on the screen.
- Enter your Hotmail email address in the first type box and it should be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have registered your mobile phone number, then you can even type in your phone number in place of the Hotmail email id to sign in to Hotmail inbox.
- The next input box is for the password. This is where you should enter the password that you use to sign in to Hotmail inbox. You should enter the correct password without any mistakes to access your inbox. Please check if the ‘Caps Lock’ is not in ‘ON’ position as password is case sensitive.
- After the email address and the password column are entered correctly, you need to just click on the sign in option printed on the blue strip to enter your Hotmail account.